Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A VERY Special Recipe Box

I wanted to share something with you. Last night we had our Christmas gift exchange with my family and my mom gave all 3 of us (my brother, sister and myself) a recipe box that she made and she even did her best to match it to each of our kitchen decors. Inside are all the secret recipes from herself, my grandma and nanny who are both no longer with us, another grandma, my dad and even some of my aunt's! There are a lot of 'secrets' in this little box and it really meant alot to the 3 of us. It's something that's now been passed to us and we in turn will one day pass to our children. I just wanted to share this with you, but hmmm...I can't share the secrets, not quite yet. For now, they're ours to discover and enjoy!



3 comments:

dolcreations said...

This is so up my alley! I just love it~ Those recipes that she shared with you are going to be so treasured. When one finds a loved recipe and then it is passed on...wow...it is so hard to get those old fashioned recipes. So treasure this treasure! Your mom did a beautiful job! Wonderful!

Crystal said...

This is sooo wonderful Karen, what a very thoughtful and GORGEOUS gift..you will treasure forever....My mom one year wrote in a journal of all my favorite mom dishes and I cherish it...I can make things now in her memory and it means so much!!! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas hun!! Big HUGE Hugs!!!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

What a wonderful gift!!! I'm sure it touches your heart!